What is it?
Ear candling, also called "ear coning" is a common practice used in natural health centres and beauty clinics all over the world.
How does it work?
An ear candle is a hollow cone created from unbleached fabric. They range in lenght, averaging about a foot long.
You will be told to lie on your side. Your therapist will gently insert the end of the candle into your ear canal at a 90 degree angle from the ear.
For about 10 to 15 minutes, you will enjoy a pleasant, crackling sound of the burning candle. Ear candling creates a vacuum inside the ear in order to draw out ear wax. Because of the buildup in the ear canal seen on the burned ear candle, it is easy why people prescibe ear candles for things such as:
- Excess ear wax
- Swimmer's ear
- Hearing loss
- Sinus infection
- Cold/flu symptoms
- Cleansing of the ear canal
- Relief of pressure in cases of sinusitis, headaches, migraines, congestion or ear infection
- Relief from vertigo or dizziness
- Relief from tinnitus or head noises
- Help hearing aids function more efficiently by cleaning ear canal
- Enhanced sense of smell, taste and hearing
- Relief of ringing in the ears and head fullness
- Recent ear surgery, head or neck injury
- Tumours of the ear
- Perforated ear drum, artifical ear drums
- Cysts in the ear
- Ear drains (tubes) are present
- Mastoiditis (inflammation of the bone behind the ear) in its acute phase
One session £20,00